Menu
DoggerNolan
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere app won't play recordings on iPhone

I definitely was able to watch MyShows on my iPhone app, but it seems this doesn't work every time.
I can bring up the list of myshows on my app but then when I want to "watch now" it turns the tv on and wants to play it on there!?!
Man this is frustrating.
It asks for a pin on the tv, some nonsense about 1000pm then it comes on the tv!? I did at one point see a question on my iPhone saying "watch on iPhone" but why don't I get that now!!??? I've not adjusted anything at all!?
Awful.
I've only been using Virgin a little over two weeks and I have had multiple major issues.
Can anyone suggest some troubleshooting cos Virgin website and this forum are getting me even more frustrated!?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere app won't play recordings on iPhone

You have never been able to watch your recordings on your phone

0 Kudos
DoggerNolan
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Is that a question!?

Yes, my first line stated I have been able to, but I've found the last couple of times the app turns the tv on and wants me to watch them on their and not on my app.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

DoggerNolan wrote:
Is that a question!?

Yes, my first line stated I have been able to, but I've found the last couple of times the app turns the tv on and wants me to watch them on their and not on my app.

No it's a statement of fact, the tivo has a 1 meg upload limit and  rights restrictions, this feature has never been available, you can't even do it on the new V6 box though you can download shows for a limited period

0 Kudos
DoggerNolan
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have actually no idea what that means.

So you're telling me something I watched via my iPhone app (recorded from the TiVo box, listed in 'myshows' on my iPhone app) I didn't actually watch!?

I haven't downloaded anything, I don't know what a V6 box is and one of the main reasons I got virgin was to be able to watch the tv or recordings via my iPhone, like I did in part with BT tv and as you can in part with sky.

I'm in my own house, on wifi, with TiVo connected to my router as instructed on virgin website, and the app tells me I can "watch now"...are you telling me the app is showing a button that cannot work? If so this is frankly ridiculous.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I don't know what you watched I do know it wasn't something from "my shows"

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I apologise for disagreeing, @dannylau, but you can watch recordings through the TV Anywhere app if you have a V6 and the broadcaster allows it. It's not all recordings that can be watched this way - if they can't be watched the Watch on iPad option will be greyed out.

Below is an example of a recording that can be watched on iPad. As you will see, the program can also be started on the TV connected to the V6 and watched from On Demand on the iPad.

image.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I was unaware that you could if you had a V6 but the OP does not have one

0 Kudos
DoggerNolan
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the more helpful reply. I was giving up...

I'm doing this on my iPhone, wish I could add a screenshot...

When I press "watch now" I definitely had a pop up "watch on tv/watch on iPhone"...at some point

How the hell can I get that back/ test it out further

It isn't a good system that when I press watch now that it turns it on - but ON MY TV!?!? Why would I want to do that from my phone app!?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The OP hasn't been able to confirm what box he has but he did say he watched a recording on his phone so I suspect he was one of the new customers who had V6 delivered as part of the early pilot.

0 Kudos