Menu
Black_dog
Dialled in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere app on iPad showing "to be announced" on all channels

Is anyone else having problems using the TV anywhere app on iPad? The guide is only showing "to be announced" on almost every channel. There are a few channels that display program details but most do not (channels 101-180 are all TBA), a few afterwards display details, followed by a load more channels TBA. I was going to say that the app was working on my iPhone but just checked and the first page 101-108 are now displaying TBA then. Channels 109 - 157 displaying okay and then 158 starts to TBA again. Really frustrating as I usually find the app really good (excepting the times it doesn't connect!). 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere app on iPad showing "to be announced" on all channels

Hi Black_dog, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having viewing the channel listings. 

Taking a look online and also via iOS and Android this evening, the listings seem to be populating correctly. Is this the same for you now?

Can you please let me know as if you are still having an issue we will need to look at other options. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Black_dog
Dialled in
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath - Thanks for getting back to me. 

iPad and iPhone both showing TBA on every channel. Intermittently this evening, I have had some programs show up but when I have tapped on the channel / program it showed 'no information'. I have rebooted the TiVo earlier but this seems to have made no difference. 

Interestingly i I also tried to set up a series link earlier for Homeland on Channel 24/7 - the series link showed up as channel 0 RTE2!! 

My Tivo box was recently replaced (your records will probably show when) and it seems to have been working fine. I have looked on the VM service status site and it does show that there is a problem with the TV. Bizarrely the site shows the following explanation for the TV.

Virgin Media Mail- Unwanted/Junk Mail being received due to filtering issues. Due to the complexity of this fault it is taking longer to fix than expected.

We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.

Reference no: F003945611

Due to be fixed by

14 October 12:00

Hope you can assist.

0 Kudos
Black_dog
Dialled in
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath - Any update? I've not heard anything - it appeared all was well and programmes had appeared but unfortunately TBA an the programme listing. Occasionally now all channels disappear and I get a notice that 'No Programs meet my selection'. Interesting even though TBA appears on left hand side some details are now appearing on right hand side. This is getting really frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Black_dog, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I'm sorry to hear that things have not improved since you last posted. 

I think the first thing we need to look at here would be to delete the app and then try reinstalling. This will just refresh everything and make sure there is no hidden bugs. 

Once you've done this can you let me know if this has changed anything. 

Checking on my iPhone 6 the listings are coming up. 

What are you trying to record which is bringing up the error?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Black_dog
Dialled in
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath - not actually trying to record anything at the moment - I tend to use the app to view up and coming programmes as it is quicker and easier than viewing on screen. Previously I was trying to record a series link of Homeland and I got the problem with channel 4Seven when the recording showed the channel as 0 RTE2. Some programmes are now displaying but I will try deleting the app and reinstalling. I'll let you know if that has any impact. 

0 Kudos
Black_dog
Dialled in
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Reinstalled app and immediately received the "No channels meet your current channel filter selection". 

Update - some channels are now showing again, although when many of the  programmes are selected "No Data Available" is displayed. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Black_dog, 

Thanks for coming back to me after giving that a try. 

Since deleting and re-installing the app, have you been able to set up series links? If you've not tried yet can you give that a go now for me? Smiley Happy

Checking the channel listings, again I'm not seeing the same issue. As we're not able to replicate this on several other devices I'm not able to raise it quite yet. 

Can you post back here with a screenshot of the issue please?

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Black_dog
Dialled in
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Kath - I have not been trying to set up any series links - that is not the main problem  The problem is that the apps are currently unstable. I will have programmes listed one minute and the no details on some/most/all channels. I had access to channels & programmes yesterday but checking today (17/10) I am faced with TBA - I have also received No Channels Found on some occasions. Please see screenshots attached. I have tried rebooting the TiVo box and modem over the last few days and still have the same problem. My iPad and iPhone are both on iOS 9.0.2.

0 Kudos
Black_dog
Dialled in
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Kath

After a few hours of programmes being available on my devices yesterday - the TBA is back on the iPad and No Channels Found (followed by TBA when reopened app) on the iPhone. I have noticed that whatever the issue it seems to apply to both my iPhone & iPad simultaneously and when the programme details are available they appear to be available on both devices. 

I'm not sure why this is occurring as I've used the app since it came out with few problems. The app appears to function correctly otherwise as I can see my shows even when no programme information is available. 

0 Kudos