Menu
stangerj
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Turning off.

Can the signal the Tivo box gives at the start, and interval of a program result in the TV turning itself off? My Panasonic tv is repeatedly turning off with its red light blinking. Recordings on my tivo box result in my tv turning off, also at the start of these recordings. I have observed it is repeatedly at the start of a program or recording, sometimes at the interval too. never during a program!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Turning off.

Hi stangerj,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Panasonic TV.

This is a very unusual problem! I've checked over your box and I can't see any issues there. Does this happen every time you watch a recording?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh 

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
stangerj
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Josh
it's sporadic. More often than not it always happens during Corrie for some strange reason. I've read recently that dry solder joints on the TV maybe responsible for this. Which renders it a Panasonic issue if true. I have an extended warranty so should be covered. Also, I have never observed this whilst watching the BBC. No intervals! Thanks for your feedback.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi stangerj

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, as you've mentioned I'd recommend contacting Panasonic just in case it's an issue they're aware of.

Do you ever experience this issue with live TV?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
stangerj
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's a really strange situation. Yes it happens during live TV. Yes it happens during TiVo recordings. It's always at the start of a programme or the restart of a programme after the interval. There is something about the start of programmes with adverts that creates this situation. As said previously I do not recollect it happening on the BBC which has no adverts/intervals.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi stangerj,

Thanks for the response!

As Craig has mentioned, I think it would be worth getting in contact with Panasonic first to see if there's anything they can offer with regards to an explanation about this.

Once you've spoken to them, give us an update and we'll investigate it further.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos