Menu
RogerWearn
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Trying to watch Elementary S5 E13 and after a few minutes the TiVo box reboots

Trying to watch Elementary S5 E13 and after a few minutes the TiVo box reboots. I have tried this a number of times and always crashes at same place. This was a recorded program.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trying to watch Elementary S5 E13 and after a few minutes the TiVo box reboots

HI RogerWearn

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing lately, as danny has mentioned, there were some issues with certain programs which caused these issues although you should be able to fast forward past the moment it crashes.

If you're not able to do that, get in touch as Ernie has mentioned, there could be a separate issue. I've checked your set top box from our end and we're not detecting any individual errors at the moment so fingers crossed you've managed to get this working.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to watch Elementary S5 E13 and after a few minutes the TiVo box reboots

it's a known bug with the V6 (not the Tivo) you can FF past the point where it crashes and watch the rest of the show or watch it from on demand, a fix will be rolled out soon(ish)

0 Kudos
RogerWearn
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you!

0 Kudos
sidsewell
Dialled in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I beg to differ, you cannot fast forward past the point, I tried that several times with "Modern Family" and it just reboots again.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

sidsewell wrote:

I beg to differ, you cannot fast forward past the point, I tried that several times with "Modern Family" and it just reboots again.

As far as I have seen, all others report that you can fast forward past the time that causes the re-boot.

Perhaps you have a different issue?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI RogerWearn

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing lately, as danny has mentioned, there were some issues with certain programs which caused these issues although you should be able to fast forward past the moment it crashes.

If you're not able to do that, get in touch as Ernie has mentioned, there could be a separate issue. I've checked your set top box from our end and we're not detecting any individual errors at the moment so fingers crossed you've managed to get this working.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RogerWearn
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Apologies for the delay but I have had another issue with the V6 and I have only just tried to fast forward it pass the "crash point" - it did not work.

i seem to have resolved the other problem from one of the other strings on the community. The start up was slow and on a number of occasions the box froze. I connected with the Virgin server and did a check and download and all appears ok.

Regards

Roger

0 Kudos
stevesown1
Settling in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have had the same problem on my V+ box , you can not fast forward past the point where it freezes on Elementary, this has happened  at least 6 times.

also with another program Forever,  pixalating & sound jumping,

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

stevesown1 wrote:

Hi, I have had the same problem on my V+ box , you can not fast forward past the point where it freezes on Elementary, this has happened  at least 6 times.

also with another program Forever,  pixalating & sound jumping,

I doubt you are seeing this problem.

You have a different issue which co-incidentally is happening on Elementary.

I would phone Virgin Media and report your issue and get it investigated (in your V+ which does not run TiVo software).

0 Kudos