Menu
Esmeralda
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Transfer recordings from one Tivo box to another?

My Tivo box has been playing up a lot over the past several months, refusing to start up from standby, so Virgin have sent me another (it's due to be delivered today). The old Tivo box has a lot of recordings on it which I don't want to lose. Is there any way to transfer the recordings from one box to another, or am I going to have to keep the old box to watch the recordings as well as the new one to watch live TV?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer recordings from one Tivo box to another?

it is not possible to transfer the recordings.

The old box will be disabled so will no longer work once the new box is activated. You might want to start the binge-watching now Smiley Happy
Esmeralda
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear, no time to binge watch. Bang goes Poldark, Apple Tree Yard etc!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

apple tree yard is available on Iplayer ATM

Esmeralda
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

But for how long?
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you're desperate you could possibly ring up and temporarily go multi room so you can keep the old box for a while.. problem of course is that both boxes would need to be connected and that might need an engineer to sort out a splitter etc...

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

stevedh2 wrote:

If you're desperate you could possibly ring up and temporarily go multi room so you can keep the old box for a while.. problem of course is that both boxes would need to be connected and that might need an engineer to sort out a splitter etc...

In addition, since the OP states "My Tivo box has been playing up a lot over the past several months, refusing to start up from standby" then it might not be physically possible to even do this.

Apart from the usual reasons like copyright, etc. that prevent copying from one box to another, if the box is being replaced due for technical reasons then it is more than possible that copying would be a no-no anyway. Presumably VM saw something wrong on the box and that is why it is being replaced.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos