Menu
LynneD1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Transfer of Account now can't access TV Anywhere from mobile or ipad but can log in via laptop!

Hi

In the last few days the account has been transferred into my name from another account holder.   Login email address still the same.  I can log in via laptop (hence I'm here asking!) so I know my password is correct but if I try to connect via android mobile or ipad it's telling me 'invalid username or  password' yet I know it's not. All worked fine until the name transfer.

I can't understand how I can access My Virgin Media via laptop but not my other devices (registered) so  know my username and password is CORRECT.  I used the mobile as a remote control device to control tivo box from upstairs.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app on both devices.

Any help please? It's really annoying Smiley Sad

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
beaker656
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Transfer of Account now can't access TV Anywhere from mobile or ipad but can log in via laptop!

I did. Took 2 calls and the 2nd agent speaking to somebody else at the same time. They tried resetting my password, failed. Then reset my userdata on their system. Fixed.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer of Account now can't access TV Anywhere from mobile or ipad but can log in via laptop!

Only thing I can think if is to change your log in details?

0 Kudos
beaker656
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had this happen to me yesterday.

Faulty Tivo box swapped out so wanted to transfer my settings from old to new. Tried to use the Android TV anywhere app to transfer all my series links over. Failed to login. Doubt myself, try other permutations of login details and password (knowing I was correct). Can login via PC, so change my password, still fails to let me log into the app. However I can login on the PC using same details. 

Off topic now...Sadly though my old tivo box has been deleted and all of the series links, so I can't copy them across as I've done previously. I did try speaking to somebody on the phone and after a 30min call (26 on hold) firstly I was told I can't access the Tv Anywhere app for 24hrs after swapping out a device (think he was confused between Tivo box and device for watching tv on aside from my tivo box (phone, tablet or PC). He also told me that my old configs are deleted straightaway so I can't transfer them. Which sort of makes a mockery of having the facility there to do it.

0 Kudos
LynneD1
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your suggestion......I tried this but via the app I still get the same error although I can log into my account via the website on my mobile.  It's ridiculous!  I'lll probably end up ringing them.   AArrggh  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
LynneD1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beaker did you get it resolved?

0 Kudos
beaker656
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I did. Took 2 calls and the 2nd agent speaking to somebody else at the same time. They tried resetting my password, failed. Then reset my userdata on their system. Fixed.
0 Kudos
LynneD1
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks..  It's funny but I knew changing the login still wouldn't do it but at least can say I tried that.  I will call them when son is visiting.  I'm quite techy but he's super techy and nothing they say will pull the wool over his eyes.  You'd think that something like this would be quite straightforward.  Thanks for your replies Smiley Happy

0 Kudos