Menu
Barnes7
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Told need to change v+ box

Been told we need to update our v+ box but we had a TiVo box last year and it never connected up to everything properly and no one from virgin had a clue what to do. Is there another box out there that doesn't come with all these problems??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Told need to change v+ box

Hello Barnes7,

Thanks for posting in the community.

I would just like to check what's happening with the v+ box, are you seeing any error messages?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Barnes7
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi rose_b

There is no messages coming up. We have had letter after letter saying we need to change our v+ box before may or it will stop working but the TiVo box they sent us doesn't work and they haven't even collected it like they told me they would and I've asked them loads of times but still nothing!!

0 Kudos
fist101
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They are swapping out the old V+ STB for Tivo but if your saying Tivo not working they can replace V+ with a Samsung made one thus solving your issue. I just had new V6 Tivo installed and it is fantastic, So fast to respond and records 6 channels, well worth getting.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me.

When you swap your TiVo® over from your V+ box what happens? Do you see any lights or even a picture?

I can see that the V+ box has been swapped back but ideally we will need to put you back over to the TiVo® before May.

If we can't get this TiVo® to work then I will get a return package sent out to me so just let me know what happens with the box.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Barnes7
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There is a picture but I have no sound and when I get sound it throws all my other things i.e. My surround sound and DVD player out I spent 4 hours on the phone to one of the tech guys and even he didn't have a clue what to do or how to help me so he told me to change the boxes back over and I'm not prepared to use any other TiVo box again! If they want me to change it over they can come and fit a Samsung one which my friend has and she doesn't have any problems with.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Depends if you want to chance it. The refurb Sammy V+HD boxes are notorious for having problems & most people would rather put up with the TiVO issues than have V+ boxes that can need several replacements before you get one that works properly.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Barnes7, 

Thanks for your coming back to Rose on this again. 

We are phasing out all V+ boxes now so we aren't even offering refurbished V+ box replacements. It would be a TiVo® sent out so the sooner we get this sorted the better. 

As you're having issues with the TiVo® you already have, give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they will send a new one instead. They will need to swap the service over to the TiVo® and we can go from there. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos