Menu
marsboy
Up to speed
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

To be announced

Both of my TiVo boxes are starting to come up with to be announced on most, but not all channels. For example sky movies are fine but BBC, itv, channel 4 and entertainment ones are to be announced from sat 13th at the moment.

Have done the usual, rebooted and connected to virgin service over the last few days but it's not loading anything for these channels. Just to be clear happening on both TiVos in house. No other problems with to or recording or on demand or apps. TiVo boxes are not same age. One is over 3 years other is 2 months. Also one is Samsung other is Cisco.

Called virgin they were next to useless as normal. Any ideas and is anyone else doing this? I'm in area 22.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: To be announced

Mines the same. That's very nearly two weeks away. It'll populate over the next few days. Check again tomorrow evening. 

0 Kudos
marsboy
Up to speed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It is 2 just under 2 weeks, but with TiVo we have always had 2 weeks to the hour. Bit strange that about 50% of the channels are there though and this has all of a stiffen started happening. I used to always look for the sky movie premier so always went ahead 2 weeks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi marsboy

Sorry to hear about these issues, I'm just checking in to see if your channel listings have returned?

We'll be here if you need any assistance

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
marsboy
Up to speed
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nope, still the same. I did call and ask if there was a problem, I had things checked and someone from customer service said they were going to call back to check (but didnt). Also said on the phone that if resending and waiting a hour doesnt work ( which it didnt ) then a engineer needs to come out. To me, it seems clear the problem is VM not publishing the events from that date onward. 

Just to go over again, I have 2 tivo boxes, one is years one is months old. Both have Exactly the same guide. Both are connecting and not all channels are missing the info. Just most of the common entertainment one as mentioned before. 

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

really not wishing to be contrary but TiVo has never had a rolling 14 day epg for the terrestrial channels in the 15+ years the service has been available (in original form or with VM) in the UK.

think Radio/TV Times - when they're published that's roughly when TiVo starts to receive data that takes the listings back to the "up to 14 days" range.

by Sunday morning-ish all epg data will be in showing up to the wee small hours Friday into Saturday 2 weekends hence.

0 Kudos
marsboy
Up to speed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can guarentee my TiVo always has. I know this as my entire first screen (except for bbc three) says to be announced when going to saturday 13th. When I first posted this thread, it was over a week anyway - and I regularly on a Friday check the sky movies premier for the week ahead, and see this on the screen when browsing forward to next Friday. Also most of my planned recordings which are weekly on BBC or the channels that are now blank from sat actually show me 2 upcoming recordings, which would be this week and next, implying the data is there.

As I work away alot, I am always planning ahead on my recordings and I know my TV guides have always been up to date almost to the hour 2 weeks ahead or I wouldnt of noticed it. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi marsboy,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this.

I'd like to run some further checks on this for you but I can't seem to locate your account.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of the screen) so I can grab some details from you.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
marsboy
Up to speed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As I have already mentioned in here I have spoken to technical, and this hasnt helped. To be honest im just used to things not working on virgin now - so I will just put up with it/cancel if it ends up I miss recordings.
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BBC/ITV listings are rarely 14/15 days in advance.

They are always only up to and including Friday next week - whatever the week.

It is only late on a Thursday night or a Friday that you will see 14/15 days.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)