Menu
Paulm46
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To be announced

Guide just says to be announced on all channels, only used the TiVo once and now this happens, it appears to be commen....do I just send it back to Virgin and cancel it?

0 Kudos
Johnc765
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: To be announced

Nah had my TiVo 5 years and happened to me last week... it will update itself

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Paulm46 wrote:

Guide just says to be announced on all channels, only used the TiVo once and now this happens, it appears to be commen....do I just send it back to Virgin and cancel it?

When you say that you have only used it once, do you mean that it was switched off and you had just turned it on? That would explain the Guide saying "to be announced".

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulm46,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting To Be Announced on your channels.  I'd like to help get this sorted for you.

How are things looking today?  If you're still getting 'To Be Announced' on your channels, follow these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > NETWORKS > CONNECT TO THE VIRGIN MEDIA SERVICE NOW

This will allow the box to retrieve all the latest updates and refresh things over.  It can take a few minutes but can take up to an hour.

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue, I'm here if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ianstivo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulm46

I got the To Be Announced message on all my channels yesterday. I followed the instructions shown above to re-load the programme info as shown. It took 11 hours to download the info, and it now works OK.

Hope this helps

Ian

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ianstivo,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm pleased to hear you were able to restore your TV guide doing a service connection and that all is ok now for you.

We're always here if you need us, so should anything crop up you know where to find us.

All the best,

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos