Menu
Rogward
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

To be announced

Getting "to be announced" on lots of channels in spite of numerous box off-on / network connects etc etc. Mostly BBC,  ITV, 4,5 channels, but also some others - Sky Sports 5, ESPN HD for example. 

Any ideas/help  gratefully received. Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: To be announced

sounds lie you may well have a signal fault, you can wait for a VM rep to pick this up or you can give them a call - they're open until midnight - the sooner you get them to check your connection the earlier an appointment you'll get.

All Replies
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What is the earliest date you currently see 'To be announced' displaying on BBC1 and ITV ?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Stop turning the box off and on. That's probably making things worse, not better.

Do a network connection from the TiVo menu system.

Rogward
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Currently showing TBA on Ch4, Ch5 BBC2 and 3 on the first page of the EPG. Earliest date for TBA on BBC 1 is 15th Nov

0 Kudos
Rogward
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've only switched the tivo box off twice in the past month. All the other attempts to do things have been via network reconnections, maybe 10 times or so in two months.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I would try a forced network call and check again in a couple of hours -  switch the box off will stop it updating and rebooting can cancel an update currently in progress.

The TBA for BBC and ITV from 15 Nov is correct as they will not be releasing the schedules for that week until later next week.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
Rogward
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

ok - so it seemed to get better last night, and before I went to bed there were just a few channels showing TBA. However today it has been regressing, and now BBC2, 3 4, ITV 4, Gold and others are TBA. Also several recordings that I have made recently and viewed today are freezing, pixelating and skipping in some parts. Maybe the tivo is faulty?

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

sounds lie you may well have a signal fault, you can wait for a VM rep to pick this up or you can give them a call - they're open until midnight - the sooner you get them to check your connection the earlier an appointment you'll get.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey Rogward

Sorry to learn about the problems with your TV service, I'd like to take a look at the set top box from our end but I've not been able to locate your account information unfortunately.

Would you be able to reply to the PM I've sent with the requested information so I can take a closer look? You can view the PM by clicking the red envelope at the top left of this page.

Take care and talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rogward
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

A great service engineer, Michelle, came this morning and on testing found the incoming/outgoing signals incorrectly set. After resetting them everything seems much better. Thanks for all the help and advice on here and in the pm's. Excellent. :-) 

0 Kudos