Menu
Caspurr1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo

Just had my old TiVo replaced which was very quiet. My new one is very noisy.Why is this?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo

Hi Caspurr1,

Welcome into the Community and posting in the TV boards Smiley Happy

I would like to ask if the new box is placed in teh same position as the old on? Also when you hold the device, does the noise lessen?

Sometimes puttims something soft under the feet can reduce noise, as there are moving parts in the box when it is in recording mode.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Caspurr1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben. Sorry but it's a noisy hard drive by TiVo Samsung. M hard drives on HDD recoder and previous TiVo are always silent. Also there is a bad lag when using remote for commands. The old Tivo was replaced because of this on the first place.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Caspurr1

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, it sounds as if there's an issue with the hard drive on your current set top box so I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take another look.

It's worth mentioning that if an issue is found with the new set top box, it could result in it being replaced, which would mean you lose your current recorded content, although this will only happen as a last resort.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos