Menu
Cartini
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tivo

Congratulations Virgin.  I didn`t think Tivo could be any slower than it already is - but you have proved me wrong.  Tonight`s software update has made Tivo slower than a slow thing on national slow day - well done. 

I`m not particularly impressed with Tivo as it is, but now it`s even slower I`m seriously considering getting rid of it. Congratulations for providing a crap service.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo

Hi Cartini,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the time it's taken for us to reach your post. We've been a little behind lately and are playing catch up. 

As the TiVo® is running slow, it's worth giving it a reboot to see if this helps. Also, go through your recorded content and remove anything that you no longer want on there. Has this made any difference? 

Have you noticed anything different since you last posted too? 

Come back and let us know as we're here to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Cartini
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

The box is turned off every night, so a "reboot" makes no difference.  I don`t keep many recordings and the deleted recording folder is empty - none of it makes any difference.  I`ve never been impressed with Tivo, but since the software update that put "shiny program titles" next to the channel numbers it is even slower.

Cartini

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cartini,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this.

There's a trick you can try to help speed up the TiVo® by removing unnecessary background data.

Just go to the Home screen and on the remote control press Thumbs Down, Thumbs up, Play, Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank for a few seconds.

Let me know if that helps  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Of course, turning TiVo off every night will greatly contribute to poor performance as TiVo will have to perform all of the 'maintenance' functions it would have done when you're not watching it, such as updating the EPG, re-calculating your planned recordings, .....

Bingley
Superfast
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

OK forum team enough with the thumbs up and thumbs down press play twice,  Just do what you are paid for and that is give everyone on here and calling up  complaining about this software fault ( caused by VM)  to the box that does not  work as advertised, some truthful answers as to WHEN ! it will be rectified and no bull . That`s if your capable of getting your heads out of the sand. 

Robert180
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the crap tivo virgin club you are one of the many that are fed up with the service perhaps a 50% discount to all those affected might help in some way. To appease the masses who are going to cancel and go elsewhere..
bobcotsford
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately it seems that the only message that VM hear will be when enough people cancel and go elsewhere.  Just dialling 150 demonstrates  their attitude to customer service, make it hard enough and customers will give in and either accept shoddy service - or cancel.

I'm currently on the phone - no fix in the offing 'do you want to raise a complaint Sir?' - damn right I do!

Cartini
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

If you pay my electricity bill I`ll leave it on all night, otherwise it`s not going to happen.

0 Kudos
cbc
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Then you can hardly complain when it doesn't work properly and takes an age to boot up! The way you are trying to use it is simply not the way it is supposed to operate. If you want a simple TV system you can switch on and off at night I would suggest TiVo is not for you. A smart TV may be more your sort of appliance.