Menu
Mal26
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo

Having re-joined Virgin Media a month or so ago I have to say that , compared to Sky , getting things done is hard work . Last night , for the first time on VM , I used "catch up" . What a palaver ! On Sky I could press "catch up" and within seconds it would be loading the programme so I could watch it right away or it would be there in my recorded programmes if I wanted to watch it later . With VM it took ages to get to the required programme and it seems that you have to watch it there and then .There are lots of other niggles , two of which (slow red button service and setting reminders without recording) that I have already reported on this forum . Sorry Virgin Media but when my 18 month contract is up I shall go back to Sky .

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo

Hi there Mal26,

Thank you for coming in and posting again to the Community Smiley Happy

Welcome back and thank you for re-joining, I am pleased to see you with us but not that you've been having some difficulties lately. I would like to ask if you can possible try this method in connecting to Virgin Media's network?:-

1. Press Home on your TiVo remote
  2. Select Help & Settings.
  3. Choose Settings.
  4. Select Network.
  5. Choose Connect to the Virgin Media Service now.

Let me know if there is any speed change Smiley Happy

All the best Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Mal26
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ben . I've done as you suggest , connecting to 'Connect to Virgin Media now' , but the whole process of getting from selecting  Catch Up until I can first of all find and then get to watch the actual programme is stilloyds a slow affair . As I said in the original post the whole process with Skype was so much faster . I suspect that the Tivo box is more sophisticated than my old Skype boxes but sometimes thesee sophistication can be too clever for their own good ! Mal

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mal26,

Thanks for the response!

There's a trick you can try to remove unnecessary background data to help speed up the TiVo®.

Just go to the Home screen and on the remote control press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play. You'll hear a 'ping' sound and the screen will go blank for a few seconds.

After this you should notice the TiVo® speed up!

Hope this helps!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos