Menu
Bluescouser95
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo

Hi am new to Tivo and want to know if when watching a recording you can go to a specific point on the timeline or if you have to wind fwd even if you leave it half way through and want to come back to it later?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo

If you leave a recording say half way through when you go back to it it'll say 'resume playing'. Highlight that press ok and it goes to where you left off. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

or just pres play and it will automatically go to the last point viewed

press ff the skip forward to jump to the next white line on the green bar, this is normally 15 mins at a time but can be 30 or 1 hour depending on the legnth of the program, hold the skip forward button to go to the end of a show or the skip back button to go to the start

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you leave a recording say half way through when you go back to it it'll say 'resume playing'. Highlight that press ok and it goes to where you left off. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

or just pres play and it will automatically go to the last point viewed

press ff the skip forward to jump to the next white line on the green bar, this is normally 15 mins at a time but can be 30 or 1 hour depending on the legnth of the program, hold the skip forward button to go to the end of a show or the skip back button to go to the start

Bluescouser95
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I'll give this a try once I get home. If I download something on demand do I have to start at the beginning or is there a way to go directly to any point on the timeline?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bluescouser95,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy  I can see you've met a couple of our members already who've popped by to help out.

For On Demand currently it doesn't bookmark where you left off should you stop the programme half way through.  You can skip along using the >> buttons on the remote control.

I will pop our Discover TiVo® link here in case it may be useful for you.  If you do have any more questions for us, fire away.  We're here to help if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos