Menu
ptsw
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo volume louder than terrestrial TV

I watch TV two ways - terrestrial (antenna) and Tivo Box - both using a sound bar.  When I change from antenna to Tivo, the volume increases, so I have to turn it down.  Is there a way of adjusting the native volume setting on the Tivo box once and for all?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
praxis
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo volume louder than terrestrial TV

There should be a setting menu where you can adjust the TiVo volume.Suggest you try either the Blue button on the right hand side or Home button top centre the just look for Sound/Audio settings
0 Kudos
ptsw
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, praxis.  I found the settings/sound in Tivo, but there is no way to decrease the Tivo volume which does not also decrease the terrestrial TV volume.  But thanks for trying.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there ptsw, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums, and thank you for your question. 

Our TiVo® box has no volume control at all, it outputs the volume at the level it receives. the volume button on your TiVo® remote is only for use on your TV or other third party equipment - Click here to see how to programme your TiVo® remote control

I'm sorry to say that it does appear that there is no easy answer to your question. The only thing I can suggest is to connect your TV to your soundbar instead of the TV, that way then your TV will control the sound sent to the soundbar and should make things equal for you. 

Hope this helps. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ptsw
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, Moderator.

I presume that you mean 'connect your Tivo to your soundbar instead of (to) your TV'?

The soundbar has 2 optical inputs, so I have tried connecting the Tivo optical output to the secondary sounbar input (normally for DVD player), but it makes no difference, as the soundbar and the Tivo are both operated by the volume control on the remote (whether TV or Tivo - it makes no difference).  The problem seems to be that the native Virgin sound signal is louder than the native terrestrial signal, so whenever I change my TV input from one to the other I have to adjust the volume.

I don't think it has always been that way, so I suspect that Virgin is sending out a louder signal than it used to.  Is that correct?  If so, can I just register the fact that this decision has had unintended consequences for millions of people like me.

Thank you.

0 Kudos