Menu
gailrosalez
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo user interface.

I have a several quarrels with Tivo compared to the previous UI.
1)Previously, on the tv guide listing, when I had the last one selected and went down, the list would scroll a whole page. TIVO DOESN'T. **bleep**? Incredibly irritating.
2) before, when I set a reminder, it would remind me, and if I didn't respond within a certain time, would change the channel for me. Now the damn thing doesn't. Ok, record it, but I want my 'change channel at start' option back. Don't make microsoft's mistake.
3) who's clever idea was it to move the 'back' button out of reach of your thumb when using the remote? The 'Last Ch' button (a.k.a. 'back') is located in the most ridiculous place. Put where those stupid, useless thumb buttons are.
Seems to me you've been carried away with your own cleverness - and all the user has is bells and whistles, and the fundamental good thongs have gone. Baby out with bathwater! Are there any Virgin employees monitoring this?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo user interface.

1) Use Channel down.

2) Record and Remind does exactly that.

3) I apologise if you don't but you have two hands.

0 Kudos
gailrosalez
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I know this. 1)Tivo UI has taken away an existing facility. Btw, I also dislike the way that if you select a channel, and then return to the guide almost immediately, you have to scroll down or have remembered the number. The V+ box returned you to where you were in the guide. 2) no it doesn't. 3) A retrograde step - bad button placement compared to previous remote. I am assuming some user research was done. And
finally, I am aware there is nothing I can do about it. However, there is nowhere else to feedback to Virgin on the usability of the system. And I haven't even mentioned the dire slowness of booting, or the random reboots. Thank you for your considered ( and considerate?) response.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

1) Use the miniGuide (press OK, rather than Guide) - it does what you want, starts at the channel you are on.

2) It really does. If you are not around when the Record and Remind activates, it both changes channel and starts to record. Set one and leave it alone, don't respond and see what happens.

3) I accept your opinion but I believe TiVo is far superior if used in a particular way.

If you don't like it or can't get used to it then save your angst and choose a different solution.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

if you remembered the number you don't have to scroll down you can just type the number on the guide page and it will highlight that channel in the guide

0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

gailrosalez wrote:
I know this. 1)Tivo UI has taken away an existing facility. Btw, I also dislike the way that if you select a channel, and then return to the guide almost immediately, you have to scroll down or have remembered the number. The V+ box returned you to where you were in the guide. 2) no it doesn't. 3) A retrograde step - bad button placement compared to previous remote. I am assuming some user research was done. And
finally, I am aware there is nothing I can do about it. However, there is nowhere else to feedback to Virgin on the usability of the system. And I haven't even mentioned the dire slowness of booting, or the random reboots. Thank you for your considered ( and considerate?) response.

If you press the power button on the remote before you press the guide button it starts the guide from where you left off, not ideal but works for me.  I am not a fan of the mini guide and much prefer this option....

0 Kudos