Menu
Brentleigh
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo upgrades and speed

I don't want a new sky box, I don't need UHD or anything else fancy... I just need my Tivo box to work as it did up to around 2 or 3 months ago. I now sit there watching a blank screen while the menu loads, and so on... Also, your box now chooses to down load all the previous programs in a series link, even though I have not recorded them and even when I've viewed the programs I chose to record and deleted them. Now I have to trawl through a long list of programs to find the latest that I want to watch. Yes, I have discovered how to stop this happening, or so I thought, but it has somehow reset itself and is choosing to down load all the previous programmes again. I've tried to find a way of turning this 'feature' off, for all my series links, unsuccessfully! Sometimes a 'new feature' is not a step in the right direction! Perhaps , if you dumped all the so called upgrades, my Tivo box would go back to a reasonably fast service... Here's hoping...

The only thing that keeps me with Virgin is the fast broadband. When BT gets its act into gear and provides a faster broadband service, then I'll be off, either to BT or Sky.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo upgrades and speed

Hi Brentleigh, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you involved in the community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your Series Links recording all shows, even ones that have been watched. 

You can change your series link to only record new shows by selecting the option within the Modify options. Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings > Series Link+ and Recording options

Change Record to New and save these options. This should resolve things for you Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos