Menu
wagnertoph
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo upgrade makes box barely useable

Since the recent upgrade to the TiVo software my box has become extremely slow to respond. I have re-set it and performed a cache clean-up advised on another post. The box remains extremely slow, and the iPad remote loses connection all the time, making it completely unusable.

Is there something wrong with my box? Is it too old to cope with the software? If I can't solve it I will have to leave the service, it's not worth what I'm paying for it right now.

Thanks for all advice,

Best,
wagnertoph

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo upgrade makes box barely useable

If the box is still slow having received the update, then give them a ring.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI wafnertoph

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service recently, I've located your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you.

We're detecting some problems with your set top box and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Even if you have a problem, it'll be fixed but the box will still go slow again.

Virgin in my opinion do not care about the continued poor performance of the Tivo boxes, I suspect, in a bid to get people to buy the v6, which also appears, having read the other forum, to be suffering from numerous problems with apps especially not working and that does not appear fit for purpose either.

Its a disgrace, I can hardly use the box to watch anything as it takes so long to get into and out of menus. The interface regularly crashes, we have to reboot the box daily to even get into Netflix and even then it's hit and miss or you can only watch a bit of a program before it crashes out..

So don't hold your breath to be honest.

0 Kudos