Menu
Spookess
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo updates

When I first got tivo a few years ago, the updates were at the same time each day (I.e 2am), now they occur at whatever time they want (it has happened at 2am, 3.30am and 5am if memory serves). I record programmes during the night and am normally up watching TV too and it is very annoying that the box will suddenly turn itself off meaning whatever I am recording has a gap in the middle (and is split into 2 recordings). It seems coincidental that if I am not recording anything it doesn't reset!?
Can it not go back to set times so that I can plan my recordings around it?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo updates

Your TiVo shouldn't be rebooting multiple times during the night, phone up and get it checked out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The Guide update happens four times a day now but that is not your issue as this does not re-boot the box and fail recordings.

If your box is re-booting every day then you need it looked at.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spookess,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your box is frequently rebooting and disrupting your recordings.  I'll be happy to help check this out with you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks fine signal wise at the moment at least.  Does this happen every night?  Have you noticed if it happens in the day as well?

Let me know and I can help further. Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Spookess
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It isn't every night, but several times a week I would say. Not noticed it happening in the day time.
0 Kudos
Spookess
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's isn't multiple times a night, the times I've put are the times it has happened before, but only once per night.
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Overnight reboots are normally caused by local area network maintenance and have been observed by me to occur between 3 AM and 5:30 AM.

From  my experience, I often find that there can be two or three reboots a week on consecutive nights for a week or so and then you probably find you go a couple of months without a reboot before it happens again.

Nothing to worry about. Random and sporadic reboots during "normal" hours especially if they happen on a regular basis are though.

Point taken about the fact it disrupts your recordings though - I think I have suffered from this one occasion as well.

Incidentally, after a reboot the settings menu defaults to highlighting the first option i.e. "Audio" so if you exit the menu with it on any other option i.e. "Network" then you can check to see whether it has rebooted by entering the settings menu and see what option is highlighted (the default "Audio" or the last one you left it on).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
soosie
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've had my TiVo box since last summer and have noticed in the last couple of months that it is now turning itself back on from standby. To begin with I occasionally noticed the box was on when I got up in the morning and thought I had forgotten to switch it to standby when I went to bed at night, but now it's happening more frequently and not only overnight.

I can understand the need for the box to be updated but would have thought this would be done when the box was on in normal operation ?

Is there a problem with my box ? It's very annoying when you're trying to save power !

0 Kudos