Menu
Martin1964
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo update

virgin just updated my Tivo and after 30 minutes doing the update finally came back on but have only standard BBC channels and no sound plus error code 7400with message "there seems to be a problem". What do I need to do? Have done the standard switch off restart but this did not help......

0 Kudos
Twstdpsycho
Just joined
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo update

You aren't the only one. Virgin do an update totally screw t up so u can't watch TV then expect you to pay the cost of the phone call to tell them they're incompetent and to fix it.
0 Kudos
Snoopyjot
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem...... I intend to demand the days TV cost refunded, to cover the cost of the call I'm going to have to make. Really not amused. I know it's silly o clock but I was watching something and had 2 shows recording,,,, which obviously aren't recording any more. they could at least have waited till the start of the hour so the program's we were watching were finished. 😡

really not impressed. 

No no doubt most of the UK will be calling tomorrow so we'll have a mammoth issue getting through to anyone. They should have the phone lines manned 24 hrs during a major change...... 

I did the restart too, and turned the box off and pulled the plug out, but it did sod all.

ive got less channels than I do on freeview......

Fi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, 

I'd like to welcome you all to our forums and say that I'm so sorry to hear that you've experienced an issue with your TiVo® overnight. 

I've run some testing this morning and can see that you all show as being back online and broadcasting channels at the moment, so all should now be fine. If it's any different please let me know. 

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

martin 1964 if you have done the checks if your on landline phone ring 150 and tell them of the problem then they can sort it or if the box is faulty chat to one of the forum members thats all i can sugest jonni
0 Kudos
AAAM
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw

I'm also experiencing error 7400. I spent over an hour on hold with your telephone support team, and it still isn't resolved. Not really a great introduction to the service or Virgin Media's telephone support team, as I only tried to activate the TiVo box today as I'm finally unpacking the TV after moving in to our new place! Any chance you may be able to help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi AAAM, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to Virgin Media. 

I'm really sorry your path with us has not been straight forward. Let's get that changed Smiley Happy

Checking things on your account from this end, things are looking active. 

Are you still having an issue since posting? If so then let us know as we can run some more indepth checks with you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos