Menu
alchemist51
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo turning on by its self, April 2016.

For the last few weeks i have noticed that even though I turn TiVo off, i.e. Red light on_stand by.

The box turns its self on. this happens VERY night so I dont think its anything to do with Virginmedia doing an update or anything else.  

My TiVo box is Hunted ? Well no just would like an answer as to why its doing this... Or do I need a new box ?

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo turning on by its self, April 2016.

alchemist51 wrote:

For the last few weeks i have noticed that even though I turn TiVo off, i.e. Red light on_stand by.

The box turns its self on. this happens VERY night so I dont think its anything to do with Virginmedia doing an update or anything else.  

My TiVo box is Hunted ? Well no just would like an answer as to why its doing this... Or do I need a new box ?

See my reply in this thread:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Tivo-Box-switches-itself-on-every-nigh...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo turning on by its self, April 2016.

Hi alchemist51,

I just wanted to pop by and let oyu know that I have had a look at your account and can confirm that you are being impacted by a known issue that G4DDS has highlighted for you.

All the details can be found Re: Rebooting at 06:55am, G4DDS also has some useful advice on this reply if you're out and about for a while.

Hopefully this should be resolved this week.  If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos