Menu
Rogersymonds
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo too tivo

Hi there just had my 2nd tivo box installed 1st question is i knows u need to connect them to the router ,what can i use a different modem betwen them ,
I got a lan cable coming from my tivo box in my living room to my hub and got a longer lan cable going up to my bedroom but thats connected to a modem and then i got lan cable coming from the 2nd modem to my 2nd tivo box will this work?? And ive also tries to run the longer lan cable straight to the 2nd box but it wont sync any ideas please
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo too tivo

is the belkin set as a access point or as a router with the Wan port on the belking connected to the Superhub
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have a tivo connected via a tplink router that is used as an access point. Assuming its working ok as an access point (i.e. dchp is disabled etc) you should have no problems.

so basically it will work and if it doesn't you would just need to fix some settings as the router is basically just acting as a switch as far as the tivos are concerned.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

what is this second modem? I'm assuming you mean a switch not a modem?
0 Kudos
Rogersymonds
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its belkin router my bad sorry,as signal from the virgin modem isnt that good up stairs as its old brick wall house thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

is the belkin set as a access point or as a router with the Wan port on the belking connected to the Superhub
0 Kudos
Rogersymonds
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ive got my super hub down stairs,and extra lo g cable coming in to my bedroom,and got the belkin router as a 2nd access point so can get internet in my bedroom,and got 4 ports coming of the belkin so what i did was run a lan cable from the 2nd tivo box to the bwlkin router, do u know if it will work that way?? Thank u again
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

it will work as long as the router is set up correctly
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have a tivo connected via a tplink router that is used as an access point. Assuming its working ok as an access point (i.e. dchp is disabled etc) you should have no problems.

so basically it will work and if it doesn't you would just need to fix some settings as the router is basically just acting as a switch as far as the tivos are concerned.

Rogersymonds
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I done it the way you explained and got it to work thank you,oly issue now its kicked my cctv out 😄 thanks for your help tho very greatful
0 Kudos