Menu
KevinBuckler
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo sound quality poor

We have recently had Tivo HD installed. All is good except that the sound quality is muffled and crackly. This applies whether via our Samsung Soundbar or through the TV's speakers. The sound was much clearer with the previous Sky HD box. Any thoughts ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo sound quality poor

Hi KevinBuckler,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're TiVo® is producing a poor quality sound.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have connected to your box remotely and there is a detectable signal issue.  Can you please power off/on the box to refresh and let me know when this has been done?  Once that has been done I will re-check the box to see if the signal issue has cleared.

Also, it's worth checking the lead that connects the TiVo® to the TV set to rule it out as a possible suspect if you don't mind checking this out?

I'm here to help so please keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
KevinBuckler
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colette

I have powered off/on and checked the leads

Thanks

Kevin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your quick reply Smiley Happy

I have re-checked the box and whilst the time-outs have cleared on the line there is still a signal fault present.  I will arrange for an engineer to call round and get this fixed for you.

I will send the details in a private message, look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos