Menu
Musicman_1988
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tivo sound effects

Hi. Recently my tivo sound effects have been messing up (the pops when selecting channels and noise when pressing home button). They will randomly stop. I checked the settings and they are turned on. The only way to get them back is to turn tivo box off by the plug and back on again. Anyone have any ideas?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo sound effects

Hi Musicman_1988,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the missing sound effects. 

We are aware there is an issue with this and have found the following work around successful: 

Go to Settings -> Audio -> Dolby Digital and select "Dolby Digital to PCM"    Turn TV power off and back on at the mains switch (NOT into stand-by)

This should restore things for you. 

If you have any further issues, please let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi Musicman_1988,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the missing sound effects. 

We are aware there is an issue with this and have found the following work around successful: 

Go to Settings -> Audio -> Dolby Digital and select "Dolby Digital to PCM"    Turn TV power off and back on at the mains switch (NOT into stand-by)

This should restore things for you. 

If you have any further issues, please let us know.

Thanks,

That doesn't work for me.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Musicman_1988
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I tried and it hasn't worked. The only thing that works is turning off the box by the power and on again. But even then, after a short time, they disappear again.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Musicman_1988

Sorry to learn about these problems, it's certainly a strange issue. 

I'd really like to test the TiVo box while it's not playing the sounds so we can see if it's detecting an issue at all. Do TV programs still have audio after the beeps have dropped out?

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Musicman_1988
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I still have tv audio when they drop out. Just no effects. I know it might not seem like a huge problem but I liked having the sound effects to know that the box has registered a button has been pressed
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Musicman_1988

I'll be working to recreate this issue from our end to identify the issue. Don't worry about it not seeming important too, it's not suppose to be like that so I'll be working until we find out why!

Do you have your audio routed through a surround sound system or similar? 

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Musicman_1988
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

My audio comes through my surround sound and is connected by scart cable. I've never had a problem until about 2 weeks ago and I've had tivo for well over a year now
0 Kudos
Musicman_1988
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

And now, ALL tv sound (program's) keeps disappearing until turned off at plug and turned back on.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Musicman_1988,

Thank you for getting back to us, I'm sorry to hear that the issue seems to have got worse.

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely from here, I can see an issue with the signal that may be causing this disruption.

I would like to arrange for an engineer to call out and sort this for you.  I will pop all the details of the next steps in a private message.

(Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos