Menu
whooshv
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Tivo so slow it's painful

On 200mbps broadband

box about 33% full

menus are all incredibly slow - unlike my old Sky Box!

Turned it off and on again

Deleted all old shows

If we select menu, it's 10-15 seconds before it comes up, select a show to watch and it can be another 15 seconds before it starts, if we go back to TV it's another 15 seconds

Appallingly slow

Same with remote or box buttons

very poor

Is there a rebuild, like there was on my FAST Sky Box? 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo so slow it's painful

Hi whooshv

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box form our end for you, we're seeing an issue in your local area which our teams are aware of and are looking to resolve as soon as possible (reference F003712444).

Apologies for the inconvenience this issue is causing, we want to get this resolved as soon as possible.

If you need any assistance moving forward, you know where to find us.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
whooshv
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Well it's still incredibly slow, I'm beginning to regret moving from Sky. Going to menu, back to TV, starting to watch a programmer, everything takes up to 30 seconds to get going. Very Poor

Craig_D wrote:

Hi whooshv

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box form our end for you, we're seeing an issue in your local area which our teams are aware of and are looking to resolve as soon as possible (reference F003712444).

Apologies for the inconvenience this issue is causing, we want to get this resolved as soon as possible.

If you need any assistance moving forward, you know where to find us.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi whooshv,

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm sorry that your TiVo service is so poor and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Looking into this, I can see a problem with the TiVo that will require an engineer visit to resolve. I'll need to take more details from you, so I'll pop a private message over to you for this.

Speak soon,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
whooshv
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

After pm from two different agents Terri and Craig and an engineer visit, still poor and now TV Anywhere on PC and tablet says box not turned on and c501 errors and still slow and still pixellation and still sound breakups both occasionally.

And still unhappy and after some rain we can see the blue trunking about a quarter of an inch under the soil in the border. 

Actually quite cross, not just unhappy. 

2 PM's to Craig, who asked me to update

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi whooshv, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that things are still not the best Smiley Sad

I can see that Craig has actually sent you a private message yesterday asking for an update. If you reply to his message he can take a look at things for you Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
whooshv
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Back to the original issue, it's painfully slow still, as an example 30 seconds from pressing ok to a recorded programme starting. Yes he has messaged and I have replied

0 Kudos
MGMetroJim
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

From another thread, this seems to be the cure for slow response.  On the handset press Home, thumbs down, thumbs up, play and play again.  The screen goes black for about 30 seconds and when it comes back on it responds as it used to.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
whooshv
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Been there, done that, sorry - does not help

0 Kudos
whooshv
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

So I'm being told that

We are currently aware of an issue causing slowness to your recorded content and are working hard to resolve this

It's very odd and too much of a coincidence that each time I raise an issue regarding speed of operation that it's a problem in my area that's being worked on. How many times can the same issue occur and why should that affect the speed of operation of my box and the viewing and access of locally saved content.

My fear is that it's more likely inadequate hardware and poorly implemented badly designed and written software

0 Kudos