Menu
robertsmith1969
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tivo slow

I have 2 tivo boxes. One about 5 years old, a samsung model. The other a replacement fot the v+ about a year old. (Not samsung model). The newer one taken the new softwar no problem. Works a dream. Quite fast no issues. The samsung model is slow. Really annoying. Terrable on netflix and i player. It is as if the internet is old dial up. Anyone any advice? I have kept suggestions clear and tobe honest no joy. I even did full reeboot. No joy again.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
robertsmith1969
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo slow

So far so goo. My Tivo like new. Do the thumbs down/ up, rec, rec every day and no issues at all. Clubland app. I player, net flix all ok and speedy now.

But, is this a part of the system a 'average' person should be having to mess with. Most people would be fed up with it and probably switch service. I could not see my wife even attempting to deal with it. She has only just learned how to use catchup!!

All Replies
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

robertsmith1969 wrote:
I have 2 tivo boxes. One about 5 years old, a samsung model. The other a replacement fot the v+ about a year old. (Not samsung model). The newer one taken the new softwar no problem. Works a dream. Quite fast no issues. The samsung model is slow. Really annoying. Terrable on netflix and i player. It is as if the internet is old dial up. Anyone any advice? I have kept suggestions clear and tobe honest no joy. I even did full reeboot. No joy again.

I had my two Cisco Tivos replaced last Monday. The replacements were one Cisco and one Samsung. Not played much with the Cisco yet but the Samsung, even when almost empty, is unbelievably slow. Although my  original Ciscos could be slow at times, they were fast compared to the Samsung which has significantly less recordings and no Suggestions so far.

Might be why some report a poor service while others do not see a problem? Also, I have raised the point about the testing of upgrades being so poor as they seemed to miss issues such as the obvious slowness. And last year's upgrade had the Dolby Digital function dropped off the Samsungs but not the Ciscos. Is all the testing done only on Ciscos?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
timboishere
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have one of each (one now shows the station logos on the guides and the other does not) and until last Thursday they were both slow. I received notification from Virgin that the problem was fixed and it was. they now seem to be slowing down again. 

0 Kudos
robertsmith1969
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

To get the logos to show. Put the tv guide on. Then press green button. A choice 'show chanel logo' will appear. Turn this to on. And press ok.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi robertsmith1969

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your set top box lately.

We're aware of an issue that some of our customers are experiencing with their TiVo service being slow. You can find out more information and keep up to dates with any available updates on [this thread].

Massive apologies again for any inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
robertsmith1969
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I called 151 yesterday and they showed me a trick. Go to home. Press thumb down thumb up. Record record. And the screen went black for a time. Box came on and its running like a good new box. I also switced suggestion off. To stop it recording rubbish. So im hopeful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robertsmith1969,

Thank you for your message, looks like you've cleared the cache on the TiVo Smiley Happy

It's a useful tip and a little bit of a work around while we resolve the main issue of slow TiVo.

If you need any additional help please let me know. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ph001
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben, no disrespect but you identified this issue on your 'sticky' thread at the top of this forum on 2nd Sep and asked us to keep checking the thread for update. 6 weeks on and still nothing?

robertsmith1969
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

So far so goo. My Tivo like new. Do the thumbs down/ up, rec, rec every day and no issues at all. Clubland app. I player, net flix all ok and speedy now.

But, is this a part of the system a 'average' person should be having to mess with. Most people would be fed up with it and probably switch service. I could not see my wife even attempting to deal with it. She has only just learned how to use catchup!!
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ph001,

Thank you for your reply, I'm sorry that there hasn't been an update on the Slowness of the TiVo. I'm not able to update you of anything officially but I can say that there is progress that is ongoing and i would watch this space to see any changes. 

I can appreciate your patience on this and look forward to giving you news in the future.

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos