Menu
slatey
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo slow

Hi,my Tivo has been painfully slow over the last few weeks can i have it tested please?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo slow

Hi slatey,

Thanks for your reply and getting back to me.

What I meant by 'Fully Powered' is that it turned on by the mains and not just in 'Stand By'.  Sorry I should have been a little more specific Smiley Happy

I have taken another look at this for you and can see a power level fault that needs resolving.  I will arrange for an engineer to call out and fix for you Smiley Happy

I'll send the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi slatey,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that TiVo® is running a little on the slow side, I'll be happy to help check this out with you.

I would like to check if you get the same kind of slow response when you use the buttons on the front of the box instead of the remote control.  Could you check this please?

Also can you specify if the slowness is when you're changing channels, ordering On Demand content, navigating the menu or all please?

I have taken a look at your box remotely but I'm unable to get a full reading as it's showing as 'offline' at present.  Can you also confirm if your box is fully powered on please?

Once confirmed I can help further.

I look forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy  

0 Kudos
slatey
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette_T,

The tivo when running through the menu ie not while watching tv but searching for my recordings etc is slow.

The Tivo is always plugged in and has had a reboot recently with the plug out of the socket.Could you clear

up the meanibg of fully powered please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi slatey,

Thanks for your reply and getting back to me.

What I meant by 'Fully Powered' is that it turned on by the mains and not just in 'Stand By'.  Sorry I should have been a little more specific Smiley Happy

I have taken another look at this for you and can see a power level fault that needs resolving.  I will arrange for an engineer to call out and fix for you Smiley Happy

I'll send the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)