Menu
minichris
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo, slow, freezing, no sound, recordings fail...etc etc

As per the title, the last week or so we are getting recordings stopping half way through, slow (very) response to key presses, the box freezes and we have to reboot it several times a day. Often we lose sound and have to put the box into standby and wake it again to get it back.

Its not over heating so im guessing we need a new one? 

0 Kudos
minichris
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo, slow, freezing, no sound, recordings fail...etc etc

Well seeing as how the forums as re now useless I rang up, which was a surprisingly different experience to my last call over a year ago, and have an engineer coming Thursday. Low power, HDD corruption and I'm sure other issues as well which a new TiVo will fix.

Seems a common theme running so far. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi minichris,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear that you're TiVo® is not working as it should.

I'm glad to hear that you have an engineer calling round and it would be great to know how it all goes after the appointment, please keep me posted.

We're here to help on the forums in anyway we can, it can take up to a few days to respond.  For any urgent queries, give our team a call as you have done Smiley Happy

Please do let me know how you get on after the appointment, if you need anything we're here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
minichris
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came and promptly swapped over the superhub and tivo power supplies and all fixed.

Apparently someone thought that two almost identical power supplies that both had the same end that just supplied enough power for them both to work was a good idea. 

It also seems to happen so often the engineer knew immediately what was wrong. It also seems from quite a few posts on here that had very similar symptoms as mine that it could be the same issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi minichris

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us about this, I'm really glad to hear that it's been resolvedMan Happy

If you need any assistance moving forward you know where to find us.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos