Menu
bilsland
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo slow and garbled recordings

We have had a tivo box for nearly a year and it has always been slow. Recently it is becoming unusable, taking minutes for the menus to load, selecting home takes minutes to load the screen then to try and choose anything within home takes further minutes.

Playback of recordings work for the first 5 minutes then they pixelate badly and stop playback, then jump forward 5 minutes. This happens on every recording.

I have wiped the box, restarted on several occasions and the problems persist.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo slow and garbled recordings

The slowness is because of the recent software update- see top of board 'slow Tivo'

The other thing is your hard drive v probably failing. Ring in for an engineer.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi bilsland, 

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your post. It's great having you in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TIVo® is running slow and the quality of your recordings isn't the best Smiley Sad  

Try this key sequence: Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank. When the screen comes back on you should notice the TiVo® speed up. 

With regards to your recordings, your input levels could do with some adjustment. We'll need an engineer to take a look. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bilsland
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We had an engineer call round a few weeks ago, he identified that the signal strength was weak and fixed this.

The box did seem to speed up a little but we are now back in the same situation where the box is slow to respond when using the menus, still experiencing garbled recordings and a new feature is TV playback is starting to become affected.

I think we need an engineer to investigate further.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bilsland Smiley Happy

Thank you for letting us know how the visit went, that's great that he was able to identify the signal strength.

The slow TiVo issue is still ongoing and work is being carried out currently to test the slowness against some progress we've been making. Whilst there is nothing official, I can see that there is some progress and that this has been made a priority to fix.  In the meantime, you can clear the TiVo's cache, it should help speed things up.

Please continue to visit us and take care.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
bilsland
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

The issue is not just the speed of th ebox, we are still getting an issue with signal strength, the problem still affects recordings and now a new issue of the signal strength affecting TV.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi bilsland,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this.

I've run a diagnostic on your box and, as Parrotperson has said, there's an issue with the hard drive in the box and will likely need to be replaced by a technician.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos