Menu
mr_Devine
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo slow and Recording issues

For the the last few weeks my TIVO box has been getting slower and slower and having issues with recording. 

When accessing the Guide it takes 10 seconds to load and can take time turning pages as well, this issue can sometimes happen with flicking between channels and the time it takes to display.

And in regards to recording, TIVO says it's recording, but I don't seem to be able to pause, fast forward or anything, other than play, but even if the program is on at the same time as recording, I cannot go to the channel and do anything other than pause. 

This is really annoying

Anyone experience anything similar?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo slow and Recording issues

Rebooting may well solve these problems. I think they recommend rebooting every once in a while (ie about every two weeks) to keep things ticking over. 

mr_Devine wrote:

For the the last few weeks my TIVO box has been getting slower and slower and having issues with recording. 

When accessing the Guide it takes 10 seconds to load and can take time turning pages as well, this issue can sometimes happen with flicking between channels and the time it takes to display.

And in regards to recording, TIVO says it's recording, but I don't seem to be able to pause, fast forward or anything, other than play, but even if the program is on at the same time as recording, I cannot go to the channel and do anything other than pause. 

This is really annoying

Anyone experience anything similar?

mr_Devine
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have never had to do this in the past but I will give that a shot, cheers Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mr_Devine,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that TiVo® isn't it's usually speedy self, I'll be happy to help check out what's causing the slowness and the recording issues.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks great with the signal and power levels.  How are things looking today?  

If you have powered off/on the box and still seeing the same issue, let me know and I can hep further.

I look forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bulldog
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

collette_t
its a known thing since the last patch. if you remember the tv guide was in red and now its purple .we had an engineer out a few weeks ago and he told us that it is a problem since the patch and vm know's about it . and they are working to fix it
but how long ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey bulldog

Sorry to hear about the continued problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately.

I'd like to take a look at your set top box and run some tests from our end, to allow me to do so could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we'll speak soon.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos