Menu
ktofu23
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo service complaint

My wife and I are very disappointed with the TV service we have been receiving from Virgin Media recently, due to problems with the TiVo boxes.

In August we were given a new TiVo box after the one we had stopped working.

The one the engineer replaced the faulty box with was a 500GB box rather than a 1TB box which we were supposed to have. When we noticed this we contacted customer services and they sent out a 1TB box which we had to install ourselves.

Less than six months later that box stopped working. It just continually displayed the "starting up" screen without getting to the menu screen.

An engineer came and replaced the box. This box also had a fault, none of the recordings would play correctly, every recording we tried to watch pixellated and froze.

This morning an engineer came and replaced the TiVo with yet another one. He left it installing and didn't check that it was working. This one wouldn't even start up correctly to begin with, for a long time it kept looping through the screen that says "starting up" then going to a black screen, with the lights that usually indicate it is recording flashing red and blue occasionally, something that is sadly now familiar to us.

After over half an hour on the phone to customer services during which I was passed around from one person to another and had to keep explaining the issue I finally spoke to someone who was able to help.

I explained that due to having so many problems with these TiVo boxes I now no longer trust them, especially as the engineer said that there have been a batch of 1TB boxes with problems. I said that I wished to upgrade to a V6 box but due to the hassle we have been put through we would appreciate the upgrade fee being waived as compensation.

We have lost lots of recordings twice, been without the TV service for chunks of time while waiting for faulty boxes to be replaced and have had to wait in for engineers on several occasions close together.

The person at customer services said that they would only reduce the V6 upgrade fee, not waive it completely, and they would not be able to send another engineer round until Friday at the earliest. The fee that was quoted was higher than I had previously heard it would be for an existing customer too. I was not given the option to speak to a manager personally.

We have since been able to get the TiVo box that is currently installed to start displaying live TV but it is behaving very temperamentally and we do not feel confident that it will work properly, especially considering it wouldn't start up properly for a long time, has been making loud click/clunking sounds and we have had so many other problems with this type of TiVo box.

We have been customers for over ten years, we were using their services (for phone and Internet as well as TV) since they were still NTL, and always pay our bills on time.

This level of service is very poor, especially for customers who have been with the service for many years, and we are extremely disappointed. We are now seriously considering whether or not to continue to have our television services from Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo service complaint

I would seriously put this out
To the forum team as they can see how disappointed you are with the service from virgin and help team from 150 they will help you put this right and to give you best options from jonnie ex customer from virgin #helper
0 Kudos
ktofu23
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Had some basic functions restored to my box. It's still unstable though and recordings still don't work. Pixilated , jumping, freezing, missing sections. Sounds like another bad hard drive. (Clunking and clicking, like a hdd spinning up after failing noise).

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ive removed your duplicate post.

If you are getting a clunking noise DOES sound like a faulty HD. Wait for staff to test it their end should be able to provide some diagnostics.

0 Kudos
ktofu23
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please see this link for updates of my ongoing complaint against virgin media. If I don't get a satisfactory resolution I will send an official letter of complaint followed by a letter to the ombudsman is necessary.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/1-TB-Hard-drive-broken-2nd-time-in-6-m...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ktofu23,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your TiVo® service Smiley Sad 

Checking the account, I can see since posting you have had a V6 box installed. How are things going with the new box? Better than the TiVo®? 

I can see you've also posted about the TiVo® elsewhere but I have closed this thread as I've answered here instead. 

Have a look round the V6 page here: Virgin TV V6 for tips and advice on how to get the best out of your V6 service Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos