Menu
Tim473
Settling in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo room swap

I have a Tivo 500GB in the lounge, and a V+ HD box in a second room.  I will shortly be the recipient of a Tivo box swap which will replace the V+ in the second room with a 1TB Tivo.  It would make sense to have the higher capacity box in the lounge.  Can I just move the existing Tivo to the second room, and put the new one in the lounge?  Or is Virgin's activation system room specific, so the move will require some authorisation?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo room swap

Installs aren't room specific, so if you wanted to, you would be able to swap the boxes around.

Once you do have your new TiVo activated, if you want you can copy your existing settings over to your new box:

Go to www.virginmedia.com/tvanywhere

Select Manage My TiVo from the Virgin TV Anywhere menu.

Select Copy TiVo settings from the menu.

Choose the TiVo box you’d like to copy the settings from.

Choose the TiVo box you’d like to copy the setting to.

Pick the settings you’d like to copy.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
mcd54
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Would the same apply if I was to move  the Samsung v+ to where the SA was and install the Tivo where the Samsung v+ was?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, they can go in anyplace on your network

mcd54
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks dannylau Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
mcd54
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Tivo arrived and self-installed in place of my Samsung V+ this afternoon Smiley Very Happy I swapped the Samsung V+ for the old Scientific Atlanta in another room. The only mistake I made was to put the smartcard for the Samsung V+ into the Tivo and the smartcard for the Scientific Atlanta into the Samsung V+ which meant it thought it was a NEW smartcard and wouldn`t show all the channels!!

I phoned 150 and a very helpful Stephen sorted it out for me. The Tivo doesn`t need a card, so he told me to put the Samsung V+ card back where it was and he rebooted everything to ensure I got the channels back. He also helped out with codes for the Tivo remote to make the volume worked on my TV!

More than happy with the level of service from Virgin today Smiley Very Happy