Menu
NormanG
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tivo remote

I'vre tried several times to set up my Tivo remote to control my Sharp tv. Are there updated codes I should be using?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo remote

Hi NormanG,

Welcome to the Community, its great to welcome in a new face Smiley Happy

We've got a few codes for sharp TV's and they can all be found here. Once you've found the code you need be sure to follow these steps in accordance to your specific remote control here.

Keep in touch and if there's anything I can help with please let me know.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
NormanG
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben -
Thanks for getting back to me. I've tried both methods, clearing the remote with each manual code, but no luck.
It's a Sharp Aquos LC32 CFE6131K.
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Norman
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi NormanG,

Thank you for getting back to us Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you haven't had much luck yet, if none of the codes have worked so far, it will be best to contact Sony who can provide you with the correct one.  New codes are produced frequently and we don't always have the latest codes available.

If you contact Sony support they can help you locate the correct code for the TV you have.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

All the best 

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
NormanG
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So this is the response from Sharp at http://www.umc-uk.co.uk/faqs.php

regarding my TV model no: LC32CF6131KB399

"We have tried to make contact many times with Virgin Media customer services and their technical department since 2009. Unfortunately, they do not reply so we are unable to obtain their code set to understand if any of our codes are included in their remote controls. If more information becomes available, we will update the web site accordingly."

Seriously? It's 2015!

0 Kudos
Umc_uk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I'm the Managing Director of UMC UK who are the service and tech support company for the Sharp model you mentioned.
Unfortunately, after trying to make contact with Virgin tech support for 3 years since 2009 (we finally gave up in 2012) we do not know the codes. In most cases, the codes follow a pattern, for example, if you know a code for a universal remote control is 2106, then you always add 28 to get the sky remote code (therefore the code for a sky remote control is 2134)
Maybe Virgin follow a similar pattern but unfortunately, as they are unwilling to reply to any communication (emails, letters, phone calls) we do not know.

Please note your particular model of Sharp uses the very latest RF remote control technology as opposed to the older technology (infrared) used by the Virgin boxes, therefore, even if Virgin were more cooperative and supportive, the Virgin remote still will not operate the Tv.

Most 'brands' of TV's are moving to RF or Bluetooth technology now due to the advantages these can offer over older infrared technology.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Is there any reason you couldn't make the volume and on/off IR code the same for all models of your TV?

0 Kudos
Umc_uk
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Technically there is no reason why the same IR frequencies could not have been used in all models and therefore one code would have covered all. (But that code is not known anyway due to VM being unresponsive)
Realistically that didn't happen as there are several suppliers used for remote controls and IR boards who use their own code sets and given the UK market has been less of a priority for Sharp until recently it didn't believe it was a problem for users to switch on the tv and manage volume using the TV remote.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Brit01
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello, just wondering if you've found a solution to this as I've just purchased the same tv and it's pretty annoying to have to use two remotes? 

Thanks Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
NormanG
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Nope - had an engineer in a week or two ago (to deal with something else) - and he tried all the key codes, but no luck. Seems a bit odd in this day and age, but there we go.