Menu
zaylen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tivo remote not working properly.

Hi there!

My Tivo remote has stopped working properly. It started being sluggish, having to press the buttons twice before it worked, but now half the remote has stopped working altogether. I've reset the Tivo box and replaced the batteries with some fresh top of the range Duracell's, but to no avail! The red light blinks on the remote for some buttons, but not for others. What can I do? I can't watch TV or anything I've recorded!

Please help!

Update!  I've tried emergency repair procedure #1 and it's started working again, seems like a loose connection!

I've noticed when searching for this problem on here, Virgin media have been very good at ordering replacement remotes for their customers. I would appreciate it if you could do that for me also, please! I'd be very grateful!

0 Kudos
robincushing
Superfast
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo remote not working properly.

Hi zaylen
I have ordered a new remote control for you. This should arrive in the post within 7-10 days.
There is no need for you to wait in as this will be sent via royal mail delivery and will fit through a standard letter box.
Robin Cushing
Help & Support Forum Team
zaylen
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Robin, you're an absolute star!

0 Kudos
Chimpius83
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have this exact same problem, tried changing batteries and I have also tried another remote which I had spare and it also does not work and does exactly the same thing.

strange thing is if I go right upto the tivo box the remote usually works.

when a button is pressed the red light at the top of the remote comes on but nothing happens on the tivo box.

Occasionally a button press will register on the tivo box and the appropriate action will take place but its barely usable. 

What is emergency repair action #1 you used? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chimpius83,

Welcome to the community Forums Smiley Happy

Thanks for your post regarding not being able to change channels with the remote.

I have taken a closer look at this for you, given you have tried 2 different remote controls and tried new batteries, I will arrange for an engineer to call out.  

I have sent you a private message with more information on your appointment details. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ossie16
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am having difficulty with my remote and TIVO box. Sometimes I am unable to switch on television and takes me up to 30 mins before it comes on even though a green light goes on. The other problem I have is that some days I have a red light on Tivo box and have to hit the home button to get it green although still difficulty turning on TV. Can anybody help me please ????

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ossie16

Welcome to the community, the difficulty you're experiencing in turning on the TV, is that the TiVo box or the television set itself?

If it's with the actual TV, are you able to try it with the TV remote and/or the buttons on the TV?

Are you also able to press the buttons on the front of the TiVo when you're experiencing these issues to see if that works?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ossie16
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thank you so much for your help with this - I used the remote of my TV and then had to tune the tv - I think that is it sorted now. Thanks again !

0 Kudos
katiefrancis1
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I know this is an old posy but my remote has packed in. The tivo works with a control I have borrowed. Would you be able to send a replacement please?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

katiefrancis1 wrote:
I know this is an old posy but my remote has packed in. The tivo works with a control I have borrowed. Would you be able to send a replacement please?

You can no longer order remotes over the forum, you need to ring 150 and select the tv faults option

0 Kudos