Menu
bahooky
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo remote control

I have recently purchased a Sharp smart TV,and cannot get the Tivo Remote to control  the Sound volume on the TV. as I had with my previous TV.  I used the help settings in Tivo and tried all the Sharp codes....still no luck.I contacted Sharp and and have been informed the problem is that Virgin Tivo remote control still uses Infra Red (IR) and Smart TVs now use (RF) Radio Frequency to communicate.I now need to use  2 remotes and find this slightly inconvenient.Is there any other way to overcome this. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo remote control

Hello bahooky,

Thanks for posting in the community Smiley Happy

I have added a link here which will give a step by step guide on how to set up your remote with the TV plus all codes we have available, if the remote isn't compatible with your television then unfortunately there isn't much more we can do at the moment so please let us know if you were able to get this working.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bahooky
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,Thanks for reply.
I have previously tried all the codes and nothing works.Can you confirm if the Tivo box uses (RF)Infra red to communicate, and the new Smart TVs use (RF) radio frequency.If so then there is a compatability issue.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi bahooky,

Yes the TiVo® does use (RF)Infra red, sometimes there are incompatibility issues unfortunately so the only way around this would be to use your TV remote to control the volume instead. 

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bahooky
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose Thanks for reply.
I see more people are posting with the same problem.
Are Virgin Media proposing any changes for a solution ?? If not then my only option is to ditch the Tivo box and use Freeview instead.
0 Kudos