Menu
Casillero2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo remote control

I have my original remote still in use, but some of the keys are well worn and acting a bit erratically. One of the main problems is the circular OK with arrows. This acts rather erratically. So last week I phoned 150 and arranged for a new remote to be delivered. This arrived on Monday 28 Nov '16. On the plastic bag in which it was packed is a sticker "Get setup help" and a VM website address.

The problem I have is that while the original Volume Control and Mute worked, the new remote doesn't seem to be operative in this regard. And try as I will I am unable to get any joy from the instructions to make them work on my Sony TV. The old remote still works perfectly, other than the worn part of the control. I phoned 150 today and explained the position and problem. I asked if I could have an engineer come and set things straight. To which I had the answer that they only send out replacements, but not set them up. I was advised to use the new remote control in conjunction with the old badly worn remote! Very helpful!! Is it a firmware or software problem? Do any of you know the answer?

Terry

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo remote control

Hello Casillero2,

Welcome to the community.

Yes this would need to be programmed into your TV as you have a new remote so I have listed the instructions here. We wouldn't be able to send a technician in this case because it's not a fault but all the instructions you need should be in the link I posted and the codes are available in the help section of your TIVo® box.

Please let me know if you're still experiencing any problems programming your remote with the volume.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Casillero2
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rose,

With my original Tivo remote control it was no problem connecting the remote to include my Sony TV. It is a model KDL 325S020. I find various lists of codes for it. But the numbers I have found (including a revised set of numbers) won't make the remote control volume and mute. Can you please send me the most up-do-date codes that should work?

Thanks,
Terry [Casillero2]

0 Kudos
Casillero2
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Rose,

I have wasted hours trying to get the Tivo remote to recognise my Sony tv. The instructions are relatively clear, but nothing seems to change to make it recognise my tv.

Perhaps to solution is to revert to Sky! After all, I pay a large sum tp Virginmedia, and I believe Sky is cheaper!
Casillero2 {Terry}
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Casillero2,

I'm really sorry to hear this. There should be a code that works with it because as you have mentioned you could use the mute and volume functions with the last remote control.

When I had to pair my remote I wrote all the codes down listed for my LG TV before I went through the pairing steps of holding down the Clear and Volume before each code until one of them worked. Is the remote flashing twice before you input a code? You have to test the volume after each one you try before starting the pairing process again with the next code. I can only assume that you may of perhaps missed a code? I think there's quite a lot of codes to try for Sony because it's such a popular brand and these will all be listed in the 'Program Your Remote' setting in your TiVo®. 

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos