Menu
bilcam
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo remote control volume not working with Panasonic Viera TV

I've just set up my new Tivo box and cannot get the remote to hook up to my Panasonic Viera TV. I've tried inputting all the codes I've found here on the forum but still no joy. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo remote control volume not working with Panasonic Viera TV

1: Reset remote
To clear your changes and reset your remote to its original settings:

Press and hold down clear and TV on the remote at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
Press Thumb down three times, then press ok
The LED will flash green four times and exit programming mode.

2: Programming your remote using a code search
The simplest way to programme your TiVo remote to work with your TV is by searching for the correct code.

Make sure your TV and your TiVo box are switched on.
Press and hold down Clear and TV at the same time, until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
Enter the code 0999 to access the TV code database - the LED will flash green twice.
Press channel up repeatedly until a code turns off your TV - the LED will flash green each time a code is sent.
When your TV turns off, use your TV remote to turn your TV back on.

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=54960ED6-D796-4AEF-9887-5E67289E1EA3

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
bilcam
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I've tried this but when I try to switch the tv back on using the Tivo remote, nothing happens.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bilcam,

Thank you for posting, welcome in Smiley Happy

I am sorry to read about the the TV codes, it's great to see you've already had some help.

If the instructions have been followed correctly and still nothing, I would suggest getting in touch with the TV manufacturer for additional codes that may help with this.

Keep in touch and let me know how you get on.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos