Menu
robjon
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tivo remote commands are taking ages to respond

Gremlins inside the Tivo box must take regular naps. The number of times I`m waiting for the box to respond to remote commands is getting beyond a joke. Son has a V+ in his bedroom and it`s far superior to this pile of junk

0 Kudos
robjon
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo remote commands are taking ages to respond

Is ANYONE from VM doing anything about this issue. Quick enough to take the direct debits, shame the same ethics weren`t employed to sort out the problems with the dinosaur they call "Tivo"

0 Kudos
aderussell
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same here. Box seems to freeze often when going through various menus. Thinking it is my remote I press several buttons and suddenly the box responds and (having queued up the button presses) goes berserk and I find  I have set recordings I did not want so have to go through (slowly) deleting the errors. Drives me mad. 

Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi robjon,

Thanks for your post, and we’re sorry to read that you’re experiencing difficulty with our TiVo Service.

Please could you read this article: Slow TiVo

If you feel this article is not related to your issue please pop a post back on here to us.

One of our Forum Team will then get back to you in due course.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
robjon
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The instructions in that article do nothing. As it was posted on Sept. 2nd would it not be prudent for VM to undrag it`s heels and post further updates, or am I expecting the impossible!!!!!!!!!!
vadek
Rising star
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

aderussell wrote:

Same here. Box seems to freeze often when going through various menus. Thinking it is my remote I press several buttons and suddenly the box responds and (having queued up the button presses) goes berserk and I find  I have set recordings I did not want so have to go through (slowly) deleting the errors. Drives me mad. 

Yes, it does actually freeze for a few seconds a short while after being turned on. I've kinda got used to this and stop pressing buttons if my last press did nothing, as I know it's frozen. Just one of the TiVo's cute little quirks. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi robjon

That thread will be updated when there are updates available, we're working hard to get these issues resolved and I apologise for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your service at the moment.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
robjon
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This box still "hangs" when a remote command is entered. About time these bits of rubbish AKA Tivo was consigned to the recycle plant. I pay for a service that should have had these gremlins sorted by now. Suggest all Tivo`s be replaced with the new V6 box FOC as it`s patently obvious that Virgin technicians/engineers do not seem to have a clue what it causing this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might be prudent to ask SKY for advice as they seem to be more advanced with their Q box

robjon
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

"We’ve now started to roll out a new code to all our TiVo boxes to help make our TV service quicker, the plan is to complete the roll-out throughout the rest of November."  

It`s now December and my Tivo is still the sameSmiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
vadek
Rising star
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Me too. I think I'll ditch it after Christmas.