Menu
RCampbell1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo remote and philips TV

I have recently received a new TIVO remote to replace the broken one (thanks for the replacement virgin).

In the interim of not having the tivo remote I have been using a standard virgin remote.

On the new Tivo remote, I have tried all the listed Philips TV codes and none of them result in the volume and mute being set up - even though it worked before with the old tivo remote!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo remote and philips TV

Hi RCampbell1,

Thank you for your post, it's great to see a new face, welcome to the group Smiley Happy

The Philips TV codes can vary and if you can tell me what model make TV you have, I'm sure I'll be able to find the relevant code for you Smiley Happy

Keep in touch and thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
RCampbell1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben

Specific model: Philips Cineos 32PFL9632d

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello RCampbell1,

BenD_H is away at the moment so I hope you don't mind me stepping in.

Since you have said your television worked with the old remote then there must be a code that will pair them together. I have added a link here which goes through all the steps required to get this working so please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RCampbell1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - but whilst that page loads, the option to select 'Control your TV with your Virgin TV remote' doesn't do anything :-(

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi RCampbell1,

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't able to access the information on the link Rose directed you to in her last post. 

If you are still having problems with synchronising your remote, please try this from our  Online Help page:        

Programming your remote using a code search

The simplest way to programme your TiVo remote to work with your TV is by searching for the correct code.

1. Make sure your TV and your TiVo box are switched on
  2. Press and hold down Clear and TV at the same time, until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice
  3. Enter the code 0999 to access the TV code database - the LED will flash green twice
  4. Press Channel Up repeatedly until a code turns off your TV - the LED will flash green each time a code is sent
  5. When your TV turns off, use your TV remote to turn your TV back on
  6. Press Volume Up / Down and Mute to check that the remote is working with your TV. If it isn't working continue to search using Channel Up until the next code turns off the TV, and repeat steps 5 and 6
  7. When the Volume and Mute keys work, press OK to store the code. The LED will then flash green twice

If you reach the end of the code database, the light on top of the remote will give an extended red flash and exit programming mode.

If you think you’ve missed the code, you can work backwards through the code database by pressing the Channel Down button at any time.

Once you’ve set up your TiVo remote to control the volume and mute on your TV, some TVs will support control of the standby function too. To check this, just press and hold Standby for more than 5 seconds and then release, and your TV should turn off. Repeat this to turn your TV back on. If this doesn’t work correctly, then you’ll need to use your TV remote to turn your TV on and off.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos