Menu
Des76
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo recordings

Im upgrading my package which means im getting new equipment. Will i lose all my recordings from my old tivo box?,if so is there any way to save them?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo recordings

des 76 no i doubt it it depends which box you have i add 1 box put in and it add all my old recordings on the new box when it got replaced but your best option is to talk to 1 of forum team they will have answers for your problem they will give advice what to do when they come online to talk to you from jonni

All Replies
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

des 76 no i doubt it it depends which box you have i add 1 box put in and it add all my old recordings on the new box when it got replaced but your best option is to talk to 1 of forum team they will have answers for your problem they will give advice what to do when they come online to talk to you from jonni
Des76
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks jonni i thought as much,
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can I ask why you are getting replacement equipment just because you are signing a new contract as that is not normal, especially if retaining your existing recordings is important to you?

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is that tv pacage upgrade yes you can upgrade your current tv package buy 150 they will sort that out but changing your current box might not be as easy why change your box if there is nothing wrong with current box or fancy a change ring 150 and tell them about your changes
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just what I thought Ernie c why change is currently box for TV package upgrade and changing is current tv box for something new it's is tv package he is changing and is exchanging is box for something else
0 Kudos
Des76
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My current deal is more expensive than virgins new vip one almost identical. But the equipment is more superior a bigger tivo box 1tb and a 500 extra tivo box with a new 3.0 Superhub for the vivid 200 internet speeds. I only have an old v+ in the bedroom and a 500 tivo box in living room so i phoned and asked for the better gear......but i forgot id be losing all my shows. But i can re record most of them.

0 Kudos