Menu
cozyuk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo recordings problems, now restarting all the time

had a problem with recordings where recorded program would pause or break up of picture and sound, then tivo box would restart itself. been away for 3 weeks and now the tivo keeps restarting itself, in addition to this it is stuck in a starting up loop on the restart, only way to solve this is to pull power at back,

eventually i get the service back then this can last 5 mins or 20mins or 1 hour before it randomly restarts itself again and is stuck in the starting up loop

could someone look into this for me please

Thanks

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo recordings problems, now restarting all the time

Your box is probably dying. Phone for an engineer is quickest way of sorting it out. 

cozyuk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

yeah i suspected as much, Thanks

just in work so rather than phone them thought i would see if the forum staff can arrange an engineers visit

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi cozyuk, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you have been having with your TiVo® restarting all the time. 

I have taken a look at the TiVo® stats and currently it is showing as offline. 

In order to run through some checks we'll need you to turn the box on. Once on, post back here and let us know. Leave the box on then until you get a reply from us. This will ensure we can run through the checks we need to and book an engineer with you if needed Smiley Happy

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cozyuk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi kath yes it is on but keeps restarting so currently it is in the starting up loop I have an engineer booked and he is attending tomorrow morning, thanks for your help
0 Kudos
cozyuk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came saturday and tivo box was replaced as old one's hard drive was failing, all up and running again now

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cozyuk, 

Thank you for sharing your experience of the engineer visit, thats really great news! Smiley Happy

If you do experience anything like this in the future, or anything for that matter, just pop us a friendly message and one of the team/Community member will be right with you Smiley Happy

Take care and how your enjoying your mid week Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos