Menu
telboy61
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo recordings pixellating then freezing.

I have been having the same problem with my recordings (suggested & planned), for about a week or so, and on various channels.

The picture freezes then " stutters" along for a short while. I have to fast forward out of the freeze, thus missing a chunk of the recording.

Normal TV viewing doesn't seem to be affected.

This problem appears to be getting worse, and is making some of the recordings unwatchable.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo recordings pixellating then freezing.

It sounds as if the box has an HDD fault.

Ring it in as you'll likely need a visit.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi telboy61

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you've mentioned with your TV service. 

I've been able to locate your account and test the set top box, we're detecting issues with it from our end and I'd like to send an engineer to take a closer look.

I've sent you information regarding this appointment in a private message, to view the message click the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It sounds as if the box has an HDD fault.

Ring it in as you'll likely need a visit.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi telboy61

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you've mentioned with your TV service. 

I've been able to locate your account and test the set top box, we're detecting issues with it from our end and I'd like to send an engineer to take a closer look.

I've sent you information regarding this appointment in a private message, to view the message click the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

kjillman5
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have the same issue,recording will freeze sometimes continue again after 30 seconds or we have to restart the box.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi kjillman5,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear that you're also experiencing freezing on your recordings.  I will be happy to check this out for you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and looked at the hard drive status and there are errors causing issues here.  I will arrange for an engineer to call round and fix this for you.

I will pop all the details in a private message, look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos