Menu
alicestreet1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo recordings disappearing!

Hello - we are really concerned that our Tivo recordings are disappearing.

We record a lot of shows and so our % of recording space is usually quite high 80-90% but when we came back from holiday in June we noticed we had much more recording space because many of our recordings were missing! The box had deleted recordings before the 13th of April 2015 and having looked today even more have been deleted by the box i.e. deleted those before the 5th of May. Can you please tell us why our Tivo is spontaneously deleting our recordings? A lot of these were important to us, spanning a large time period, and included a news recording of my boyfriend which will never be repeated Smiley Sad Is there any way we could get our recordings back please? We pay to have 250 hours worth of  so we can keep that amount so any help would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo recordings disappearing!

alicestreet1 wrote:

Hello - we are really concerned that our Tivo recordings are disappearing.

We record a lot of shows and so our % of recording space is usually quite high 80-90% but when we came back from holiday in June we noticed we had much more recording space because many of our recordings were missing! The box had deleted recordings before the 13th of April 2015 and having looked today even more have been deleted by the box i.e. deleted those before the 5th of May. Can you please tell us why our Tivo is spontaneously deleting our recordings? A lot of these were important to us, spanning a large time period, and included a news recording of my boyfriend which will never be repeated Smiley Sad Is there any way we could get our recordings back please? We pay to have 250 hours worth of  so we can keep that amount so any help would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy Thank you! 

Ok don't get your hopes up but they might be in deleted shows. Doubt it though. 'Home-my show & recordings'-my shows-(highlight the top show in your list) - scroll down the very bottom to -recently deleted

The way the TiVo works is that it calculates what space is reqd in advance. So you went away didn't delete anything and it calculated that it would need to delete older stuff to record newer stuff. 

You can put 'keep until I delete ' against  those recordings you don't want to lose BUT don't put it against everything as this will cause a known bug to wipe everything! 

0 Kudos