Menu
richardajh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo recordings are not visible but Space used has not changed

My Tivo box appeared to be a bit sluggish - slow in menus and pausing every few seconds when playing back recordings. So I switched off and on.  When it had restarted all my recordings were no  longer visible but the space used is still 95%.

Can I retrieve these recordiungs? Nothing in Deleted folder.

Planned recordings details are still there but I noticed that whilst in standby the planned recordings did not start until I manually woke up the box then the recording started from that point resiulting in a partial trecording :-(

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo recordings are not visible but Space used has not changed

Hi richardajh,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your recordings appear to have gone missing.  It sounds initially like a hard drive error has occurred.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

I haven't been able to locate your account details, I will send you a private message requesting further details Smiley Happy

Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
richardajh
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Collette, yes hard drive issue. I got an engineer to change the box for a new one - down side is I lost all my recordings!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi richardajh,

Thanks for getting back to us. Collette isn't in, so I've picked up your post, I hope you don't mind. I'm sorry to hear that you had a dud TiVo® box. While it's good that our engineer was able to get this fixed by replacing the box--I certainly understand how frustrating it is to lose all your recordings. 

I don't know if you are aware that you can copy some of your TiVo settings from your old box to your new one--unfortunately not the actual recordings, but settings such as all of your previous series links can be copied over to your new TiVo. This is available for up to 14 days after your new box installation. After that, the old settings will not be available. 

If you would like more information on this, just check out How to copy TiVo settings from our Help pages on www.virginmedia.com. Please feel free to get back in touch if you have any further queries.

Kind regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
richardajh
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Terri OK thanks for suggesting that - would be useful.  I've taken a look as you suggest but only see my new box and the recordings, series links etc for that one and no Copy Tivo settings option.

Richard.

0 Kudos