Menu
poolie61
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo recording

Any chance of reduction in payments while tivo boxes are not recording as they should ? As advice is to stop box going into standby mode therefore using more electricity
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo recording

Have you an estimate of how many pence per week not being in standby is costing you?

0 Kudos
poolie61
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No I dont but why should we pay full price for a service Virgin are not providing. The whole idea of the Tivo box is to record programmes. I record programmes when im not in. It is supposed to record in standby but isnt so is not providing the service I am paying for .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

Have you an estimate of how many pence per week not being in standby is costing you?

But the basic points are that :-

a) This should never have happened, either the release was not tested properly or their release procedures need a lot of work; VM have a track record here.

b) VM have demonstrated in the past that, should they release a new version of software that has bugs, they have no procedures in place to either back out the release or to reinstate the previous, working, version. That is a basic function in the IT world but it is beyond the capabilities of VM.

c) Whenever such a situation happens, and it has in the past, VM demonstrate their inability to communicate with their customers. Customers are only kept informed by other customers. You can be certain that the Forum team will be of no help. 

I despair of the lack of professionalism from VM. At the very least employ a competent Project Manager to stop the same problems happening time after time.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm in absolute agreement with you on all those points, Frank, and the severity of the situation.

However, given this, I find it incredible the number of customers whose major concern about the very valid workaround is the trivial cost of additional electricity.

0 Kudos
poolie61
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think people are making the point that the boxes are not doing what we pay a lot of money for them to do. I dont understand why Virgin did not alert everyone to the problem when they discovered it. I rang today and was told it is a hard drive problem and are sending an engineer out!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

I'm in absolute agreement with you on all those points, Frank, and the severity of the situation.

However, given this, I find it incredible the number of customers whose major concern about the very valid workaround is the trivial cost of additional electricity.

I suspect that is primarily a cry of frustration. It might be a workaround but I would not describe it as valid when a competent IT company would have reversed the upgrade before now. Add to that the lack of information provided and I cannot blame customers for their attitude.

And, in the unlikely event that we hear something on the Forum, one can guarantee that the text will include the words "fab" and "awesome", accompanied by the usual smileys.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos