Menu
Stephen_Bubbles
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo recording programs that arn't new

Can anyone tell me why my Tivo box is recording episodes that are not new when the series link is set to record new only? Highly annoying having to delete them all from upcoming recordings

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo recording programs that arn't new

This happens when the data about the program is not correct or incomplete. TiVo then has to assume that a program is new.

If this is for programs more than a week out, ignore them as sometimes, for certain channels, the data is completed later and the erroneous planned recordings disappear from your schedule.

0 Kudos
mike_gain
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I find the worst offenders (i.e. channels that don't always provide full information) are the kids channels. Series links on  Cartoonito, Boomerang and the like can quickly fill your planned recordings screen and in many cases it will try and record all the episodes as these channels quite often fail to provide enough data to allow the box to determine that the broadcast isn't new. As a result of then, when setting up a new series link for the kids, I usually set the maximum number of episodes to something like 10 or 5 so at least the box doesn't fill up with the same episodes of Fireman Sam and Masha and the Bear.

Other offenders tend to be Fox and Syfy who only provide partial information for their shows when they are a couple of weeks away from being broadcast. I just ignore these as they sort themselves out a few days before the actual broadcast, with no need for me to manually cancel the recordings myself.

0 Kudos
kayjayr
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My TIVO was the same for Fox & for Alibi too but then stopped doing it & now it's started up again but this time it's with Sky channels One & Living it's from week commencing 10/8/15 & it's set all episodes of NCIS: LA/Elementary/Bones/Criminal Minds/The Smoke [set box to new, only keep 1 episode & space needed for these shows] which aren't 'new' at the moment & also Chicago Fire 'new' & non-new.  I deleted a load last night & I've just checked on my pc at work on the 'Manage My Tivo' & it's got another load set to record of all these programmes again, driving me mad!

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've also noticed that sometimes, programmes are repeated on a different channel to the one on which it was originally transmitted.

Technically, this programme is 'new' to the repeat channel and is marked and recorded as a new episode.
0 Kudos