Menu
Luca78
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo recording problem

Hi - wonder if someone can get back to me about weather this is a wider problem or not. Basically when watching back recordings on my Tivo box it keeps stuttering and cutting out. Seems to be happening for a couple of other people I know with Tivo boxes in the same area (Hemel Hempstead). Is this a known problem or is there a problem with my box?? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo recording problem

Hi Luca78,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are currently having with your TiVo® stuttering. 

This isn't what we like to hear and I'll happily take a look at things for you. 

Checking the stats on the TiVo® everything is looking good in terms of signal levels and power levels. There are quite a high number of timeouts on the line so I'd like to keep an eye on that. 

Your box has been online for 10 days so please reboot this by turning the power off. Leave off for 5 minutes and then switch back on. 

Post back here once you've done that so we can check the timeouts again. If the level is high again we will need to do some more investigations. 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Luca78
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I rebooted the box last night. Can you check again?
0 Kudos
Luca78
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to add. We are still getting the same problem when watching back recordings as well as when we pause live TV.
0 Kudos
Luca78
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Any update on this one please?? Seems to be a common problem!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Luca78,

Thanks for updating us.

I've checked your TiVo® box again and those errors are still present. I'd like to get an engineer to attend your property to look at things in more detail.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos