Menu
clairecrocker
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo recording part programmes

Hi 

MY Tivo box keeps recording only parts of programmes. Has anyone else had this issue & if so how was it fixed?

Thanks

Claire

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo recording part programmes

When you say "parts", what exactly do you mean? Missing the start, the end, the middle?
Is it all channels, or just some?
Is it on programmes that have been delayed due to earlier programmes being extended (i.e. live events that have overrun)?
Are you adding any padding to the recordings (start and end)?

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
clairecrocker
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yes there is padding. It records the beginning.It's not live. It's most channels.the programmes are on at their normal times.

Any advice?

Thanks

Claire
0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hmm...
Are the programmes consecutive, so possibly being cut off due to overlap?
If it's happening to every recording, try setting up a recording and watching it at the same time. Maybe the Tivo isn't synchronising it's clock correctly?
Not sure where you could go from here, apart from waiting for this to be checked out from Virginia end.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
clairecrocker
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice, I will give it a go. Virgin have already said there is nothing they can do...
0 Kudos