Menu
got2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tivo recording doesn't work properly

Hi there, today I was about to enjoy my day off and I was really looking forward for watching all my recordings for the whole week. I was watching Wakewood and suddenly after 71 minutes picture goes black, no sound either, and it continues to play correctly in 98 minutes of the movie. It's definitely Tivo's fault. Anyone else with the same problem? I see that a lot of people has many issues with Tivo, I guess that Virgin shouldn't be so cheeky and charging us £5, but pay us for using their services instead.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo recording doesn't work properly

What did it say say in recording hiccoughs?

0 Kudos
got2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The thing is, it appears like normal recording. In another TV series it's OK, but when the movie is longer, I'm experiencing this problem. No picture, no sound and after picture appears again, freezing.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi got2

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately.

Have you had this happen with any other recordings? If this happened on the live TV feed then it would also be recorded. I'd also like to take a closer look at your set top box to run some tests but I've not been able to locate your account using your forum information unfortunately.

So I can do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this information got2

Apologies again for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service, I've tested the set top box from our end and we're not detecting any issues from our end at the moment.

Are you able to record some more programs from the Horror channel to see if they work as they should? Have you noticed this issue occur with any other channels too?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
got2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to try record some movies from Horror channel and from different channel too and I let you know.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Excellent, I've just set some content to record on the box in the office too so we can compareMan Happy

Do you actively record other channels too? Or are they always fine with no picture problems?

We'll speak soon

Craig

0 Kudos
got2
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've already tried record several movies from different channels and it seems OK, no problems at all, now.
0 Kudos
got2
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there. So another problem with recording, this time it's different. I really love TV show The Exorcist. I setup series link and first three parts was OK. Unfortunately part nr 4 is missing and it's impossible to play on catchup. And no, it's not because my TiVo is full, because it's filled with 2% only. Here's comes the questions :
Why I get charged £5 a month for TiVo if it's crap obviously?
Why I should continue to pay services which I can't actually use when I need?
I truly believe, that Mr Branson should pay to us to not to leave to Sky. I'm more than upset with crap services Virgin Media offer. Shame on you, Virgin Media!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi got2, 

I love that show too! which is why I’m so sorry to hear it didn’t record, I have did a little digging on this one and I have found there is a broadcasting fault with this episode, and we have raised this as a fault and reported it to broadcasting. 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos