Menu
sharonm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Tivo recording cutting off before the end

Hi. All recent recordings on my tivo box are cutting out before the end. It is not just by a few minutes..sometimes 20 to 30 mins before end. And I know for certain that some programmes are not overrunning. Is this a fault?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo recording

What does it say in recording hiccoughs?

it could be a number of things so best phone in and get an engineer. 

0 Kudos
sharonm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Not much on recording hiccups (I didn't think to look there originally) but one was definitely not recorded despite a series link. Not sure about the film that it out yesterday though way before the end.

I will phone the engineer!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Sharonm, 

Firstly Id like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some recordings which have been cut short, I'd really like to help you out with this. 

I've done some testing on your connection, and it seems that your TiVo® is currently showing as offline, this could be down to you having the box powered off, or it could be related to the fault. Could you please let me know if the box was powered off around the time that I made this post. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
sharonm
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw

Thanks for your message. The tivo box would have been off when you tested it ie no power at all

Thanks

Sharon
Ps it is on at the moment
0 Kudos
Inglesra
Just joined
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi.  We're also having this problem and it's really annoying.  I'm seriously considering transferring to Sky unless it gets sorted quickly.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sharon, 

Thanks for coming back to let me know. 

I've just run some testing on the TiVo® and can see no reason for this. The hard drive doesn't show any errors, and there are no issues with the power levels. 

Could you please take a look at the Recording hiccups for last week, as they should still be there, when you go to this page, keep pressing the Channel Down key and it will move back in time, if you could let us know what it says when the recordings cut short. 

Thanks again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
sharonm
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, Huw

So I had a series link to a BBC4 drama Trapped (this has two episodes per Saturday - one starting at 9pm and the other at 9.50pm).  So each Saturday the second episode of this series link doesn't seem to play for very long.  Having a look at the last recording hiccups it says that the 2nd show wasn't recorded (9.48) but then also that at 9.46 it attempted with the message...can recover.   I know it started on time because I watched the 1st episode on Sat night.

Separately I recorded a film on Channel 4 a while back and was watching it the other day and it cut out (I would estimate) at least half hour before end.  Unfortunately I just deleted this so I can't give any info on whether this film started late or not.

Best wishes

Sharn

0 Kudos
sharonm
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Thanks for letting me know.  I don't have enough evidence on all the times this has happened (I get annoyed so just end up deleting the programme I have half watched) but series links seem to be the worse.  Although a film cut out part way the other day.  I hope your issue gets sorted soon!

Best wishes

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

sharonm wrote:
Hi Huw

Thanks for your message. The tivo box would have been off when you tested it ie no power at all

Thanks

Sharon
Ps it is on at the moment

Just out of interest, do you have the box routinely powered off?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos